Fireproof Children provides research-based training and materials supporting safety education and professional development for fire service, early childhood educators, and community organizations. Our training model uses
the insights and techniques of social marketing to address the key elements of effective training.
We have been selected by leading companies, organizations and government agencies to develop and present hundreds of training workshops:
- Youth Fire Prevention train the trainer workshops, developed and presented by Fireproof Children for The National Association of State Fire Marshals (NASFM) Fire Research & Education Foundation and funded by a FEMA Fire Prevention and Safety Grant.
- Making the Most of a Home Visit/Inspection, Firefighter Neighborhood Outreach Training developed by Fireproof Children for the Rochester Fire Department and funded by a FEMA Assistance to Firefighters Grant, to enhance firefighters' ability to build rapport with and educate homeowners regarding fire prevention, smoke alarms, and the importance of home fire drills.
- Community Coalition Building for Intervention Programs, developed for the Office of Juvenile Justice to help communities coordinate effective interventions for problems that are beyond the scope of a single agency.
- Skills Building Workshops developed for The National Association of State Fire Marshals (NASFM) and customized for fire service, mental health professionals and social service workers who may work with children involved in fire setting.
- Home Safety Training, originally developed for Habitat for Humanity New York State and available to community agencies to help the households they serve better protect themselves from home injuries including fire, poison, and falls.
- Fire Safety for Preschool Children and Families, a train the trainer program developed with grants from The Federal Emergency Management Agency, which consistently cites it as one of its Fire Prevention & Safety Success Stories.
- play safe! be safe workshops for daycare providers and fire safety educators. Fireproof Children developed these workshops for BIC Corporation and has presented them in all 50 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
- Safety for Special People: Home Safety Training for People With Developmental Disabilities Fireproof Children developed these workshops for Prevention 1st, a non-profit agency dedicated to injury prevention, specifically to reach this audience at higher-than-average risk for injury.
- Custom Training Workshops for your community, company or organization.
Contact us about our Training Programs.
"The Fireproof Children folks are terrific at what they do." -- The Idea Bank